Thursday, October 25, 2007

Reading

Tomorrow I have to read this book to some classes at my work. The fun part, I am going to read both the English and the Dutch version.
Knowing how the kids react when they hear a different language this is going to be fun. And the Dr. Seuss books are my favorite books of all times.
Luckily I do not have to dress up like a book character like all the teachers do. I just go in and read the book. But I am taking my camera to work, and snap some pictures. What a fun day for the kids, hey I am even looking forward to it!
I am amazed at all the things they learn at school, it is so different from when I grew up. I loved school as a kid, but I would have liked it even more with all those extra things they learn now.
T is learning all about rocks and minerals, is learning to program on the computer in the Phyton language and writes the most funny and amazing stories. They have to read books of every genre, even the classics. And Mr smarty pants is even learning J and me a thing or two. That there are three different kinds of rock, Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic.
Or maybe I did learn that some time but forgot about it, that happens when you are old!

No comments: