Friday, January 04, 2008

Doughnut











Doughnut pattern

I used knit picks Palette on a size 0 (2 mm) needle but any yarn or gauge is OK unless the fabric is tight enough to not show the filling through. I used the magic loop technique but they can also be knit on DP needles.

Cast on 60 stitches and close to knit in the round.
Row 1 -5: knit with frosting color

Row 6: ( knit 4, k2tog) repeat until end of round.(50 st)
Row 7 -8: knit
Row 9: ( knit 3, k2tog) repeat until end of round.(40 st)
Row 10-11: knit

Row 12: (knit 2, k2tog) repeat until end of round. (30 st)

Row 13-14: knit

Row 15: (knit 1, k2tog) repeat until end of round. (20 st)

Row 16-17: knit

Row 18-19: with brown knit

Row 20: (knit 2, M1) repeat until end of round. (30 st)

Row 21-22: knit
Row 23: (knit 3, M 1) repeat until end of round. (40 st)

Row 24-25: knit

Row 26: (knit 4, M1) repeat until end of round. (50 st)

Row 27-28: knit

Row 29: (knit 5, M1) repeat until end of round. (60 st)

Row 30-32: knit
Cast of all st.



Finishing

Sew the "outer" rings together to close the Doughnut but leave a gap to stuff it. I like to "stuff and sew", as I go to make sure the ring is even. ( hope this makes sense)
I decorated them with beads to make the sprinkles, but if this is going to be a toy please do not use beads but instead use embroidery floss and "french knots" to make the sprinkles!
This is my first ever pattern in English so if there are any mistakes please let me know and I will correct them.

24 comments:

KreativeMix said...

So yummy they're making me hungry :-) Happy New Year!!!

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Thank you for writing up and posting this pattern. It will be a good and quick baby toy.

sweetstrings(fromRavelry) said...

thanks for the great pattern!

Blue Swan said...

oh, this is a sweet pattern! thank you very much for sharing!

Heather said...

My little girl has Celiac Disease and can't have "real" donuts, I can't wait to make a bunch of these for her tea parties!

breno said...

I love this pattern!Question though could we use it as a kal on STASHBBUSTERS on ravelry??

marion said...

hello
sorry for my horrible english (i'm french, nobody's perfect ! :o)
i think i see mistakes
row 20 : knit 1 (not 2)
row 23 : knit 2 (not 3)
row 26 : knit 3 (not 4)
row 29 : knit 4 (not 5)

but it's very nice, i did it, thank you for this !
marion

Anonymous said...

How do you "make a magic loop" in knitting?

Signed,
Just Wondering

Emma said...

Hi,

I am a complete beginner so please excuse my stupidity but what is the magic loop technique? AND in the pattern what does, for example, 'k2tog' mean? Sorry just learning. :)

Doortje said...

Hi, Emma
Magic loop is a technique done with a circular needle, there are some clips on youtube that should help you out.
K2tog stands for knit two stitches together.
Hope this helps.

D

Katju said...

Thank you for the pattern. I just love it.

karenology said...

FYI somebody is selling your pattern on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ICED-DOUGHNUT-KNITTING-PATTERN-knitted-food-cakes_W0QQitemZ320505702159QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Crafts_Knitting_Crochet_EH?hash=item4a9fa0e70f

She's selling a pattern I made for a carrot cake, too. Must be a conflicted girl, having more than one mom and all :P

sophieg said...

Hello! Thank you so much for this gorgeous pattern. It has actually been the project I chose to learn how to knit with double pointed needles and so far it's going great!!

I have just one question: What method of increase do you use? began with knitfb increase but was getting holes so now I have switched to another which is fine but a little untidy. Which did you find worked best with this pattern?

Thank you so much! Sophie x

Doortje said...

For the increase I used the Make one, you pick up the strand between the stitches of the previous round and then knit it twisted to close the gap.
Hope this works!!

kimberly said...

I consider this blog very interesting, most of all because i would like to lean kniting, i think is a good activity that i can practice in my free time. In fact now i will have a lot of free time for me, because i will get a house throw costa rica homes for sale and i really liked the style that i chose.

-KK said...

SO CUTE!!! I made it into a christmas ornament :)

here's a link to the pic... http://www.thekkreport.com/2011/01/knit-christmas-ornaments-balls.html

Anonymous said...

soo cute! i'm going to make this now. sooo excited!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Finally... a zero-calorie doughnut.. and no preservatives either... perfect!! I can't resist this

derrydown said...

I love this pattern! I have made so many for little children and they enjoy them so much. They love to play tea party with them.

cheap mlb jerseys said...

I only have one question: the method you use increased? Began in knitfb increase but is hole so now I have turned to another, it is possible, but in a bit of a mess. What you find and the model best effect?

cheap football jerseys said...

Hello! Thank you so much for this gorgeous pattern. It has actually been the project I chose to learn how to knit with double pointed needles and so far it's going great!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Could you give me a rough idea of the size (diameter) of the doughnut when it's finished? I'm planning on making a selection of knitted pastries etc. but the yarns used are all rather different, so I'm trying to adjust various patterns. Alvast bedankt :)
Sara

Anonymous said...

Is there a mistake or is the poster Marion right:

marion said...
hello
sorry for my horrible english (i'm french, nobody's perfect ! :o)
i think i see mistakes
row 20 : knit 1 (not 2)
row 23 : knit 2 (not 3)
row 26 : knit 3 (not 4)
row 29 : knit 4 (not 5)

Marny (not Anonymous)