Sunday, January 06, 2008

Selbuvotter and Sheldon

Meet Sheldon, he is the new member of our Family! He is a little turtle and he can take his shell of if he goes to bed or is going to take a bath! It took me a couple of days to knit this little guy, maybe because I decided he needed to be small and knitted on a size 0 (2 mm) needle. That and all the different parts I had to knit took a long time! But he is done and a happy little guy! And someone in this family adopted him, not naming any names by special request.
And for me I started to knit these Selbuvotter gloves. The pattern is called Annemor # 15. These are traditional patterns from the region of Selbu in Norway. I ordered the book some time ago and Friday it came, the envelope it came in was soaked from the rain and the book was wet at one side also. I had to dry it before I could even look at it. Talk about self control!!
What the mailman or woman was doing I do not know, they do have to leave their truck and take two steps to our mailbox but does it have to be that all our mail was soaking wet??
OK, we did have a big "storm" on Friday, but hey, I had to go to school on my bike in this weather almost every day when I grew up, and I managed to get my books dry into the school.
And believe me it was not a five minute trip, it took me 45 minutes to get to school. All dressed up in my rain gear, wearing plastic bags tied with rubber bands to keep my feet dry.
Not to mention the times when it was dry when you left and halfway through the rain began. We had to stop at the side of the road and get our gear on.



Anyway I love these gloves and hope they fit me really nice!



1 comment:

KreativeMix said...

cutest turtle ever!!!!!