Sunday, February 17, 2008

An apple a day

On this day, a certain number of years ago I was born. And every year on this day when my Dad congratulates me with my birthday, he will say: “Is it ( insert number here) years ago when you where a baby and lay on the table while I changed your diaper”?
Not the kind of sentence you want to hear right after “Happy Birthday”.
Yes, Dad it was that long ago, and I am making a mental note to say the same thing to my son when he becomes an adult, and come to think of it, my sisters little one is going to get the same treatment! Ha, when the boys are our age they will say the same thing when Mom/Aunt calls. “Not the same story again!”
J and T took me out to breakfast this morning to our favorite breakfast place OD’s. When we came home my bff J came by and I am now the proud owner of a bunch of balloons! And what about the candy apple I got too?
This afternoon we went out for coffee at Starbucks and afterwards we drove over to the winery to get celebrate a little more. I got a wineglass painted with candles, and it was filled on the spot with Charbono my favorite wine.
I realized this afternoon that we do live in a wonderful place, where else in the world would you see people walk up on their horses to a winery to do some tasting ?

And now, time for some knitting and coffee, and afterwards a glass on wine and a piece of my apple. Check out the name of this apple.



2 comments:

knittygurl said...

Happy Birthday!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day!!!

Jennifer :-)