Sunday, November 16, 2008

He's Baaaaack

Sinterklaas is back in Holland, the good old man came on his SS over from Spain to bring the Dutch children their candy and gifts.
Before December 5th, his birthday, kids can put their shoes in front of the fireplace with some treats for Sinterklaas's horse and he and Zwarte Piet (black peet) will leave some Pepernoten.
Yum, I love these typical Dutch treats. I tried to put my shoes in front of our fireplace, but I guess Sinterklaas is to busy to throw something through our chimney. And I was soooo in the mood for a chocolate letter and some pepernoten.
Almost forgot the Marsepein and the Speculaas.
These pictures were taken last Saturday, my dad is the driver of this old firetruck, see this post from last year.





If you want to know more about Sinterklaas. here's the link.



No comments: