Friday, March 06, 2009

a not so cool move

While cooking dinner for myself, before running out of the door to join my knitting friends for an evening of show and tell, I managed to burn myself.
I a very slick move, I must say it was a really nice catch even without the oven mitt, this girl managed to burn her fingers on the plate of food right out the oven.
It slipped out of my grip with the oven mitt and caught it with my other "not-in-oven-mitt",
Held it in a tight grip and placed the food safely on the counter without spilling anything!!
Ouch!!! Of course I ate the food, jumped in the car en drove away. Once at Megpie's house the hand was burnin' baby, and the rest of the night was filled with an icepack and show and tell (thank you Megpie for hosting us and the use of the ice packs!!)
No knitting, there is no way one can knit one handed.

This morning there are two nice blisters, one on my thumb, one on one of my fingers and my fingertips have a nice feeling to them.
My day was all made better once at work, a hot steaming Caramel Macchiato was waiting on my desk with three fresh scones courtesy of one of the parents!! To top it of a wonderful lunch by the parent club, with super yummy sandwiches and salad.

Now, weekend, and I'll try a little knitting out of that adorable baby book that is calling my name!!

1 comment:

anita said...

au au au au au, maar niet doorprikken hoor die blaren!

Hier even gegoogled en inderdaad je mag een kind van een ander vervoeren zonder de stoelverhoger, sterker nog voor een taxi geld dat die een kind los mogen vervoeren op de achterbank (dan hoeft het nog niet eens een gordel om)
Nou ja zeg zijn ze helemaal van de pot gerukt.

Wat betreft de inzittende verzekering die wordt aangeraden maar niet verplicht en keert alleen uit bij overlijden of blijvende invaliditeit.

Maar goed wij gaan vrijdag lekker op de fiets naar de kinderboerderij, hij hoeft zijn uitje natuurlijk niet te missen.

Groetjes Anita