Saturday, April 04, 2009

some FO's

Look what I got on Friday, Tulips!! deep purple and yellow Tulips. Today I took out the yellow ones and put them in a different vase, they where growing faster as the purple ones and needed to be cut. Because we all know that Tulips keep growing, and in order to keep them longer one needs to cut them shorter every once in a while.

Today I took my first "real" outing after surgery, we went to have coffee and sit in the sunshine on a nice terrace. The car ride over was not that bad, only two times I felt like I sat in the "Vomit Comet". Once on the way there and once on the way back. LOL
When we came back my new books had arrived, yay!!! I ordered this one, and this one, and this one.
I can't wait to pick out a new lace project, remember the Laminaria shawl from last June? It is finished. The last few rows where done last week, there were four more rows left plus the bind off and with 600 stitches each, it took a while. Most of the counting was already done, so perfect knitting for somebody who gets dizzy from knitting to fast. Really I would have never thought that I could get nauseated from looking at my own hands knitting but it happened. My inner ear organs are playing weird tricks on me.



But it is done, and I am quite pleased with it. I can't wait to wear this one!!


And I started these before I went and had my ears done, easy knitting, but not boring, just simple socks. Jan is suggesting that I stay up tonight and finish the second one, so he can wear them tomorrow. (yeah, right)

And to top it off, this is the Fountain pen shawl, not from lace weight yarn but done with Noro Silk garden sock, no "nupps" knitted, but with beads. This one was a very quick knit, and took one skein.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a sock to finish.




No comments: