Friday, August 07, 2009

Two socks is a pair??

We had a visitor over this week, three years ago he moved with his family to Iowa. We kept in touch and this week the boys got a chance to play again. It was fun to hear them talk and laugh, watch them play Lego's and games.
And both have freckles, (sssssssssttt can't say this out loud) but I happen to think this is soooooo CUTE!! Almost all my friends are in Portland OR, at the Sock Summit. I was supposed to join, but last minute had to cancel. BUMMER, big bummer.
But it was a good cancel reason, so it is all good. And Megpie is keeping me up-to-date on all the happenings. (Thank you!)
So because everybody is sock knitting, joining in was a no brainer. Here you go my own design, a a pair for DH. one sock finished.

And then another pair for me, knee highs from Noro yarn, one sock finished.

Next week is the last week of our summer break, another school year is going to start.
And to celebrate that it is almost Fall, this afternoon there was some experimenting with wool dyeing and Kool-aid. Need to get more colors because it is FUN!!

No comments: