Monday, September 07, 2009

Time flies


Time flies when you are really busy. Work turned out to be crazy, with testing going on and me going around to different sites. Not to mention it was (again) hot last week, by the time I come home all the joints in my body hurt.

We went to the Back to School nigh at DS school, and of course there are the dreaded groceries to do. Did I ever mention I do not like doing groceries (think I did). Lucky for me DS came along and he is a big help.


There was a tiny tragedy over the weekend, one of our beta fish died. Poor little fella, we like our beta's they watch our every move when we are in the kitchen. And where very happy flaring at each other whenever one saw the other one swim by in their own glass bowls. After two days of "Curt" (or was it "Keith"?) being all alone, DS and I headed over to the pet store to get another one. DS choose two little goldfish, who are now living with us on the kitchen Island. Meet "Portabella" and "Mushroom".
Don't ask, if it was up to me it would be "Petunia" and "Dorothea".

There is some B-day knitting going on, DS is invited to a party and what to give a girl??? Panic, he never gets girls presents that is his mom's department. But this girl likes something knitted. If I could make something? the party is this Friday. I did not knit one single stitch during the last week, and with another heatwave coming next week there is no time to loose. One fingerless mitten done, cast on for the other one this afternoon, lucky we did have today off. The pattern is called "Sourwood Mountain" and can be found here

Sock knitting continues too, a pair out of the STR heavyweight Rare gem that I scored at Stitched West last February.


And finally, here is a picture of our super cute little niece Kinley, just wish I could hold her and feed her a little bottle and cuddle with her. I have to count on her big brother to do that for me!!



No comments: