Friday, February 19, 2010

back home

I am back home after a three day visit to The Netherlands, it was short waaaay to short!
not counting the Sunday arrival, many many hours later than planned due to plane difficulties.
After three (yes) planes with "technical difficulties" I did question my own sanity and luck. But I did make it that Sunday!! wow. With no plane leaving from Chicago to Amsterdam on Saturday they just re-booked me on a Washington DC bound for the next day at 11 am. I just about turned around and went back home, and then it was there, a flight going to Frankfurt, in my book Frankfurt is closer to Amsterdam than DC. So I begged and pleaded, they let me on and got me a connecting flight from Frankfurt to Amsterdam.
Once in Frankfurt the drama continued, another defect plane, a bus ride out to "somewhere on the airport" waiting in the cold to board the plane. On the plus side it was snowing and I did enjoy standing outside with the snow in my face. About an hour later I could hug my family.


We spend three days wandering around town, I did visit my Ravelry friend Jan and toured the school he teaches at.
It was so much fun to meet him after being Ravelry friends for about a year and a half! I just know that if there was time we could have talked about knitting the whole day. He is just the nicest person and I know this is going to be a friendship for years to come.
And I got lots of knitting presents!! lovely lace yarn and a skein of Wolmeisse!! (pictures of yarn to come tomorrow)


In the mean time this little guy thinks I live at Schiphol, and come from a plane (like he "comes" from his Mom) He loved to wake me up in the morning and crawl into bed with me. We had very good conversations about his friends and life as a three year old. Here he is posing for me and practicing his "angry" look.

My sister also celebrated her birthday on the same day as we celebrated mine. Hey, there is only one day in between us and we celebrated just like the "old" days together. Here she is unwrapping her present. We partied the whole day long!!




1 comment:

jayaycee said...

How lovely, to celebrate your birthdays together. My baby sister and I are only one day apart as well, although 11 years apart in age. Sigh ... I am the older one!