Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rainy day knitting

Yesterday I started these from the Alice Starmore book. I have had the book for a while now and the mittens where on my "to-do" list for a long time.
A rainy afternoon and two teenagers playing games and watching episodes of Top Gear, gave me the perfect opportunity to sit down, pick colors and start.
The pattern asks for seven colors and choosing those is the hardest part. I really wanted something muted (hey, in my world these are muted colors!)

By the end of the evening, it was late, the house was quiet and I was in knitting heaven, the mitten grew and was after the thumb gore.

There are also these, knitted up last week, very very quick knit, one evening watching a movie and before you know it one is done! This pair is going to be a gift, so ssssst don't tell anybody



No comments: