Saturday, September 17, 2011

About Snakes and Chutney






Saturdays are always cleaning and chores days with no exception today. I cleaned house with the occasional "help" of DS. He cleaned the porch while I cleaned and scrubbed inside the house. Gotta love hardwood floors they are awesome.
Of course I had to multi-task and make some roasted pepper and tomato chutney. It is lovely to have a farm right at your doorstep with lots of veggies and ever since we moved I have been itching to can some of that.
Starting off with the chutney. And after a few hours six big jars and three small jars are filled with the good stuff (I sure hope it is good, it sure smelled really nice)
DS went to talk to the neighbor and on his way he almost stepped on this beauty, he came running back to get the camera, and succeeded in getting these pictures for me.
There are lots of gophers in the fields, so I bet there is plenty to eat for the snakes.
It is also Tarantula mating season, but so far no sightings yet.
For now I am going to enjoy my Saturday night with some pre-halloween knitting and a glass of wine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoi D,
waar zijn jullie naartoe verhuist??
jammer dat we niets meer van jullie
horen!!misschien vind je het leuk om ons aan te melden op skype!!
hopelijk horen we snel iets van jullie!!!

groetjes WIetsina

Nicole said...

I, for one, have always been glad to miss tarantula mating season...