Monday, May 21, 2012

About Socks and Snakes

Two weekends ago, the weekend that we celebrate Mothers day, a whole bunch of us "women-who-knit-socks" went for our weekend retreat at Discovery bay. It was lovely! Just what I needed after a really bad week at work. 
Turns out the boys did not miss me at all (yeah!) and had a big box of chocolate waiting for me when I came home that Sunday afternoon.
I can't believe only two more weeks of school/work and then it is Summer break. Those last days at school always go very quick and are very, very busy (and that is even an understatement) but it seams like this year with the schools going out even earlier that ever, due to budget cuts, everything goes in a whirlwind. 
Everything that needs to be done after we finished testing is crammed in those two weeks.



 Paco does not care a bit, he is just ever the lazy Llama. He might come over to sniff my hands (hey, I might have brought over a nice and juicy apple) or he is happy frolicking in the weeds, those are high and he likes to hide in them.


 At the retreat we all modeled our Break-it-up socks that Megpie so lovingly knit for us. Pattern link here, go ahead knit a pair, the pattern is free! I am going to knit a pair just for me!

 With the weather warmer and more Ground squirrels and Gophers to snack on the snakes are plenty full in our back yard. Yesterdays count was 4, one of them slithered underneath the deck.
Oh, and I even touched one! It is kinda fun to see them go in a hole and predict what hole they appear from next.

We also saw some snake love going on, very cool!


No comments: