Saturday, May 25, 2013

Balloons, Planes and Cars.

Last Saturday after I spend the previous two days sick at home, it was time to venture out just for a little bit. The San Martin Air museum had their annual open house. Perfect for a short visit. It starts at 7 in the morning with the balloons, so we went early.
Something about hot air balloons is always magical and makes one happy. Maybe it is all the colors that  fill the sky.



 Plenty of "old" planes too.
 And this replica.



 The two gentlemen where Japanese and taking each others pictures in front of the plane. Totally funny to watch because they had an argument over what was the best pose. We don't speak japanese but their actions said it all.


 A few old cars already parked, since the car show did not start until 9.30 am


 This picture is for my dad, I know he needs one of these for his car, we have been on the lookout but they are not that easy to find.


This one totally reminded me of the little red Triumph my parents had when I was a child.


 Gotta love kids with a passion, we stood and watched this little guy for a while. There was a display of old farm equipment, all in working order of course. He tinkered with them, got them started and his face just beamed with pride.



 Love it, the world needs kids like this to keep the history going!


 Downtown Gilroy also had a car show going that morning, and we drove in just as they got parked.


 This is hands down my dream car, I just would love to drive one of these babies! Can totally see myself cruising down the 1 in this.



1 comment:

Nicole said...

Lovely! I love watching hot air balloons. :)